16 September 2008

Cookie Finally Well Again.

Cookie's appetite had not been good at all, despite us giving her her favorite fish. This morning she didn't eat either and I began to get real worried. She was extremely quiet and beside herself yesterday. She kept to herself pretty much. Not quite like her! We tried many ways to coax her to eat but she just refused to. So in the afternoon, I called up our regular vet (Hands & Paws @ Aman Suria) to ask what could be causing Cookie low appetite. The vet suggested possible pain, fever or infections. Then my Dad and I decided to take her back to the vet who did the surgery (Yeoh Veterinary Clinic & Surgery @ Taman Megah) for consultation as we began to get really worried.
The doctor on call checked Cookie's temperature which was normal. Thank God! However, I noticed her heartbeat rate was abnormally stainous and fast. The doctor confirmed it. Then, they did a blood test in which her blood was normal; which means no infections! :) What a relief. The doctor then concluded she must be in pain which causes abnormal breathing and low appetite. So, Cookie received an antibiotic booster shot and pain-killer shot. The doctor also administrated antibiotics paste to be given to her once everyday.

Antibiotic paste.

Hardly 5 minutes after the shots, life came back to Cookie. She began climbing my dad as she usually does.

Cookie at her favourite height (this was 3 months ago)

We brought her home and I took her cage into my room and switched the air-con to full speed. Cookie slept while I slept for an hour or so and then she began to mew for food! I brought her some fish which she ate. A huge relief for us all!
Later when my Dad came home and allowed her to be free in the room, she started running, jumping, catching her own tail and playing as she always does! :D It was so much joy to see our Cookie back healthy and happy.

When any one of our cats is sick, it's heart-breaking for us, as they can't communicate their feelings to us and we don't know exactly how to help them. But it is a relief for us all when they're themselves again. :)

No comments: